[Ayatana-dev] Debugging Unity with API Trace

I saw this tool for debugging GL applications and was hoping we could
use it for increasing the ability to debug Unity issues in general:

  http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2011/04/apitrace.html

So I got a connection for their trunk into LP and made a daily build
(thanks didrocks) that is available here:

  https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/+archive/apitrace

You can then add that PPA and install "apitrace".  Then if you build
Unity like this (thanks Gord):

 sudo apt-get build-dep unity
 bzr branch lp:unity
 mkdir unity/build;
 cd unity/build;
 cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

Then you can get a trace of the places like this:

 LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/glxtrace.so ./tests/test-places

And view it like this:

 qapitrace test-places.trace

So, that's cool.  Is this something we should ask for on bugs?  Any
particular ones that are more likely to be benefited by data like this?
Will this help us debug video cards that might result in different GL
paths?

		--Ted