Re: [Ayatana-dev] libindicator API break

2011/7/6 Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>
> With the help of Trevino we've now dropped the multiple scroll signals
> in libindicator.  This is a good thing, but it's forced an API break for
> libindicator.  So those who are depending on it you'll need to use the
> 0.4 version of the API here shortly.  No major change, just make sure
> you're using the right scroll function, I think that Trevino has
> provided patches for most of the users.

I was just looking again at the code, but I noticed that also in my
very first implementation (following what has already done on the
default API), I didn't introduce any user_data pointer for the
scrolled_entry signal. That is maybe not needed by userland (using
libappindicator) since it was included there, but maybe it could be
something we could introduce (also if it's always possible to attach
some data to the Indicator object as a workaround)...
In the indicator object interface that's the only signal not having an
user_data field; I guess that it's something that some bindings
(vala?!) would need.

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net