[Ayatana-dev] The return of the ellipsis

Hello,

So it seems regularly about this time in the cycle we start getting bugs
about "..." in our code instead of "…".  Seems that they always creep
back in, and that's very annoying.  How do we keep bugs out?  Through
testing!

I've created a small test[1] to test for the presence of "..." at the
end of user visible strings in the code, and to fail if it finds any.
The test is cleverly called "test-ellipsis" and it uses the POT file
from gettext to look at all the user visible strings (since all user
visible strings are translatable).

I'm writing so that people know a bit about it when it fails, but also
to ask if there's anything else that I should add with a similar
methodology before I replicate this snippet across Ayatana projects.

	Thanks,
		Ted

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ted/indicator-session/ellipsis-test/view/head:/Makefile.am#L39