[Ayatana-dev] Compiz 0.9.5.92 Release

Hi everyone,

As per our new release plan, I just released Compiz 0.9.5.92 upstream.
Note that due to some internal problems with testing and the fact that
I have been busy re-writing the decoration interface that this release
came late, and we also skipped releases 0.9.5.2 and 0.9.5.90.

In addition, you'll need to use version 0.9.5.92.1 for compiz-core,
since there was a bad merge which introduced a failure to build from
source on 0.9.5.92. These hiccups are part of the new process that we
are working out and I will be more careful to avoid them in future.

You can find the released tarballs on
http://releases.compiz.org/0.9.5.92 and the individual components in
http://releases.compiz.org/components. They are signed with the
compiz-fusion-release-team key (C2B8F46E).

Note now that at this point on the release schedule we are now in
feature freeze. That means that every merge request that you make
which adds new functionality or breaks the ABI or API must be
accompanied with a freeze exception request with brief reasoning as to
why you need to add the new feature or break the API/ABI, as well as a
rollback plan and a regression test.

I still have some work pending that I'd like to land in this series,
namely some work on libdecoration I'm doing which makes it more
generic and allows compiz to request any kind of drawing or widget
into a pixmap instead of just decorations and also an API break to fix
some stacking issues. I don't expect the former to be approved with
great fanfare, but the latter is a smaller break and will fix a great
deal of problems.

Kind Regards,

Sam

--