Re: [Ayatana-dev] Porting Unity to Arch Linux

2011/9/9 Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> But, I think the more telling statistic is here is all the patches that
> are sitting in Bugzilla for GTK+ alone[1].  At the time of this writing
> there are 448 of them.  Ayatana patches shouldn't get special treatment,
> all the GTK+ patches should looked at and either rejected or accepted.
>
> Now, I don't want to say we're perfect, we're not[2] -- but we're
> working on it!  In the end, it is part of our process to submit all of
> these patches that are reasonable for upstream adoption upstream.  If
> you find one that's not, please bring it to our attention and we will
> fix that.

Great. I hope the Ayatana patches will be accepted by upstream, because in
that case, Unity+Indicators will be easy to port to others linux
distros and, as a
result, it will bring you more users. :)

--
Devil505
Member of Frugalware Linux development team - http://frugalware.org