[Ayatana-dev] Final upload week

Hey,

So, it's that time of the cycle where we only have one more upload left :). This Thursday will be the final upload for Unity, so all branches should be merge-proposed by latest Thursday morning UTC.

After the release, we'll have the opportunity to fix critical bugs via distropatches (if the release team think that they are unlikely to cause side-effects), and other critical/high bugs through SRU process, with the aim that we have a 4.22.0 release of Unity waiting on the first day for upgrade.

Branches-wise, I'll make a lp:unity/4.0 stable branch which we'll backport fixes into from trunk (and where distro can cherry-pick from). This will eventually become 4.22.0. lp:unity will be bumped to 5.0.0 so we can start development for P. We'll also setup a PPA so people can test the bleeding-edge code on their Oneiric systems.

Thanks,

--
Neil Jagdish Patel | System Architect
Desktop Experience Team