[Ayatana-dev] Dbus Test Runner Features

Hey,

So on my plane ride home from UDS I hacked a few features into
dbus-test-runner.  I expect that they'll get reviewed[1] and merged here
soon, so I thought I'd tell folks about them so they can realize how
their current version of dbus-test-runner sucks ;-)

  --max-wait

Made it so that the test runner will exit with error after 30 seconds no
matter what.  This makes it safe to use it on a test in remote builders
so that they don't hang.  If you need more time you can specify that on
the command line with --max-wait=seconds.  Also, a value of 0 will cause
it to wait forever.

  --wait-for

This is a per-task option to list a dbus-name that the test runner will
wait for being on dbus before starting the task.  This way you can
simplify your test reader programs to not have to have the dbus name
logic in them as dbus-test-runner does that for you.  You should still
have your servers register for names (I like org.test.nameoftest).

		--Ted

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/dbus-test-runner/+activereviews