[Ayatana-dev] Problem with launch_default_for_uri in daemon.c (unity-lens-files)

Hi list,

I'm solving bug 773841, it's a bitesize bug, this is my first
contribution to unityt so I'm not so experienced with the codebase.
To solve the bug I have to launch uris in the form smb://, ssh://,
ftp:// and others.
I'm in trouble with launch_default_for_uri because it doesn't work with
not mounted volumes.
I talked about this strangeness with gtk developer on gtk+ dev irc
channel, and they explained me that the function is not intended to open
not mounted volumes.

They only way I found to open an uri like ssh:// or smb:// is to open
with nautilus using GLib.Process.spawn_async.

I'm asking if this could be a correct approach, in the contrary please
give me an advice.

Thank you!
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by