Re: [Ayatana-dev] Unity-2D and Qt5

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:01 AM, a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx <a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22 November 2011 19:55, Florian Boucault
> <florian.boucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> These are great steps.
>
> step 1 done! I succesfully compiled Qt5 on Oneiric just following the
> instructions on the wiki.
>
> Now... who gives me any hints to be able to package the whole thing :) ?
>
> I've packaged some little applications in the past, I'm quite
> confidential with /debian folder and its files, but (for example) I
> really don't know how to split that huge "monster" in small packages
> like: qt-tools, qt-network, qt-opengl ecc.... the Debian/Ubuntu
> packaging guide doesn't cover this (at least the one I read, but feel
> free to point me to the right chapter if I missed it).
>
> Should I take example from the actual Qt4 packages already available
> for Ubuntu or should I start from scratch?

Starting from the Qt4 packages is certainly going to be your best bet.
If nothing else, they'll provided an example of how to do complex
package splits. You might also consider contacting the ~kubuntu-ninjas
team on Launchpad. They (either as a team or certain individuals)
might very well be interested in working on this as they are the folks
that work on KDE packages in Ubuntu. Your best bet is probably
dorpping by the #kubuntu-devel IRC channel on freenode. If nothing
else, make sure you are duplicating work that is already happening.

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Maintainer