[Ayatana-dev] Please help to debug Nautilus quicklist patch

Hello!

I've been working on implementing a dynamic bookmarks quicklist [1]
for Nautilus, but encountered some problems related to DBusMenu/Unity
API. Can someone help me to debug that and say what I'm doing wrong?

Here is my patch applied against Nautilus 3.2.1: [2]. It builds, but
does neither display the quicklist nor print error message.

Also, if I try to retrieve quicklist of launcher_entry from within the
code and look at its length, it is zero. Firstly I thought that there
is something wrong with main loop (it doesn't support dbus?), but it
seems that Nautilus is using the standard g_application_run() which
then calls g_main_loop_run(), so there should be no problems there.

Note that it sets quicklist for "nautilus.desktop", which will
probably be the default desktop file for precise. You may want to
replace it with "nautilus-home.desktop".

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/723862
[2]: http://paste.ubuntu.com/771189/

P.S. Correct me if I've chosen wrong mailing list for that :-)

--
Dmitry Shachnev

Follow ups