Comments on dash and launcher behaviour

(I hope I am sending this to the right place, I may have sent it to
the wrong place yesterday, sorry and apologies)

When you click on the ubuntu(dash-invoker button) you are presented
with recent apps and files, isnt it redundant to have recent apps on
the apps lens*?
Also shouldnt the apps lens categorize applications instead of an
alphabetically listing all of them? Its a real eye-sore moving around
seaching for power settings or something and even worse when you dont
know* or remember the app name.
(*Recent apps-maybe it would be better to have two rows by default
instead of having a user click to see the second row?? )

I think something like so would be visually more agreeable...

App dash

[Recent Apps - *Redundant because you see the same information when
dash launches] Maybe it should go?

Label - Accessories						Filter
All Apps under this category					[Jump to 									section*?]

Label - Accesibility
All Apps under this category

Label - Customisation
All Apps under this category

Also maybe a colour coded overlay for the different app sections or
all apps in a certain category will have a certain colour when hovered
over*?

My last question is for the launcher, would it be easier to have the
launcher pin running apps to the top like so.

Dash invoker button
[running apps]
{spacer of some sort for visual whitespace}
Favourites
Trash

When I have my laucher full of apps that are running and it mixes with
my favourites it can be quite cluttered and there isnt a real easy way
to scroll around. For example on my computer it is as follows.

Dash invoker
Firefox
Software center
Text editor
Home folder
Terminal
Miro
Abiword
Eclipse
etc*
Running app
Running app
Running app thats in my launcher

Maybe it would work better if all running apps where at the top then
if an app is pinned to the launcher and running it simply moves up the
"food chain" when not running it moves back to its launcher slot.And
to make sure users can see the distinction, the area covered by
running apps should have a slightly different colour.