Shortlog messages

Hi all,

Cimi brought something up on IRC that is dear to my heart.

Can we consider keeping the first line in commit messages sacred? Making them concise descriptions of the actual change. Yes, I dare not say... like git shortlog :-) In particular also adding a 80 char limit.

Behold the two screenshots attached. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~unity-team/unity/trunk/changes and 'bzr ll' could produce super valuable information, but right now they are close to useless.

Every other FOSS project on the planet can get this right (ok, not true, but I want it to be true!), maybe we can as well? ;-)

And, to those who say "Uhhh, I never use the history anyway". Have you considered that this is a self fulfilling prophecy?

Cheers,
Mikkel