Re: Some context on bug #879237 [Unity vs Citrix receiver]

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012, Szekeres István wrote:

Hello unity-dev,

Trying Unity on 12.04rc2 I ran into the same bug that is filed under
#879237, and as it's importance is "undecided" I would like to put this
into more context.

Hi,

*snip*

Please avoid discussing context about why you think your bug is important, discussion like this is not useful to the developers. If you need to escalate the priority of your bug there are proper channels for that.

About the "technical" aspects of the bug: when Citrix receiver goes
fullscreen, it probably assumes that its window starts at the (0,0)
position. But it is not as Unity does not let Citrix receiver to get the
whole screen, so the mouse event coordinates are offset with that
difference. So in the remote desktop you do not really click where the
mouse points to, making it practically unusable.

Sounds like compiz isn't updating the view matrix for the window when it becomes maximzied (so the underlying X window is actually at the right place but the view isnt).

I commented on the bug report.

I plan to land a branch that will change the way this code works to make it less prone to strange race conditions which may land in a stable release update. You can track the progress here:

http://code.launchpad.net/~smspillaz/compiz-core/compiz-core.work_923683

Regards,

Sam

Thanks,
Istvan (without a better choice a gnome3 user).