Re: Faster dash

2012/5/26 Michal Hruby <michal.hruby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat 26 May 2012 01:25:05 AM CEST, Michal Hruby wrote:
>> I implemented a custom GSource that allows adding of multiple timeouts
>> to this single source, I profiled this somewhat (against standard
>> timeout sources) and when using 8 different timeouts, the single custom
>> source requires 2.5x fewer lock calls (g_mutex_lock), ~6% fewer
>> instructions are executed and ~10% fewer branches.
>>

> Sorry, it's late :P here's a link to the custom source -
> http://ubuntuone.com/2f9boSuvqS8zhgUcJqMry2

Cool, that's very similar to something I had in mind too...
We'd probably could include even the priority support (to be
glib-like) making timeouts that can happen "together" to be selected
also based on their priority...

However, for first version I think I'd just go with the "basic
wrapper", then I'd just could change it to use something like that.

--
Treviño, Ubuntu member
https://launchpad.net/~3v1n0