A place to document driver odds and ends

Hey All,

A small heads up so nobody gets bitten by this one ever again: If you are using vertex buffer objects with the nvidia, you MUST ensure that GL_VERTEX_ARRAY and GL_TEXTURE_COORDINATE_ARRAY client states are disabled. Otherwise the nvidia driver (and only the nvidia driver) will crash with an unusable stacktrace (glDrawArrays if you single-step) and
you're gonna have a bad time trying to figure out why it happens.

Spending most of today made me realize and I'd like to have a place to document some "gotchas" that developers run into with the various graphics drivers so that other people don't run into them, or worse, people merge code without being able to test on those drivers and break other people's systems inadvertently.

Should we go with a wiki page? Launchpad bug reports? Something else?

(Also, if you run into a driver oddity or "different" behaviour and happen to fix it, that's a pretty obvious place you should look at refactoring the code to get it under autotest. Nobody wants to accidentally regress somethign that happens on hardware they don't have, that's a total nightmare for debugging).

Cheers,

Sam

Follow ups