Re: A place to document driver odds and ends

A lot of these bugs are relevant to other unity projects too, so I was thinking somewhere a bit more accessible?

Sent from Samsung Mobile

 Tim Penhey <tim.penhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 18/06/12 02:43, Sam Spilsbury wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> A small heads up so nobody gets bitten by this one ever again: If you
> are using vertex buffer objects with the nvidia, you MUST ensure that
> GL_VERTEX_ARRAY and GL_TEXTURE_COORDINATE_ARRAY client states are
> disabled. Otherwise the nvidia driver (and only the nvidia driver) will
> crash with an unusable stacktrace (glDrawArrays if you single-step) and
> you're gonna have a bad time trying to figure out why it happens.
>
> Spending most of today made me realize and I'd like to have a place to
> document some "gotchas" that developers run into with the various
> graphics drivers so that other people don't run into them, or worse,
> people merge code without being able to test on those drivers and break
> other people's systems inadvertently.
>
> Should we go with a wiki page? Launchpad bug reports? Something else?

I think the most obvious place to document compiz gotchas is in the
compiz tree itself.

How about a GOTCHAS.whatever in the root of the tree.  Some sort of
markup used in the file, referenced from README, and if need be, we
could get the file formatted and uploaded somewhere useful on every
commit, just to make sure we don't get a stagnant wiki page that is out
of sync with the code.

How about that?

Tim