Unity build system

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that many of you have noticed issues with unity's build system,
the one that is bugging me most is the way compilation of unityshell.so
doesn't pick proper libraries - you've surely noticed that having
unity-core installed in your $(prefix) will cause unityshell.so to link
with it, instead of the one that got compiled moments ago inside unity's
build dir - therefore we grew accustomed to (completely manual) wiping
our $(prefix)/lib/libunity-core* prior to compilation. Other than that
there's just utter brokenness with the way unityshell is linked - a
couple of days ago I added a new build dep to UnityCore and even though
I made sure that the library is used only internally in UnityCore and
none of the public interfaces expose it, unityshell.so still wanted to
link with this library (even though I did no changes to its CMakeLists),
and this failed cause it didn't use the linker flags that were needed to
find the lib (but why did it try to link with it in the first place?).

Could someone with sufficient knowledge of cmake take a look at this?
Since unityshell uses compiz_plugin macro, I'm going to assume the issue
is in there...

Thanks,
Michal

PS. Sorry for the bitter tone, but I already wasted a couple of hours
trying to nail this down.

Follow ups