Re: Parameters for the HUD

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 22:38 +0200, Boris Gordts wrote:
> I recently started experimenting with Ubuntu's great new feature: the
> HUD. But I stumbled on a rather technical question and I couldn't find
> an answer yet. I want to create a simple chat application, where the
> user can use the hud to reply. So i want that the user can use the hud
> like this '/say Hello!' to reply Hello! to a chat. Is it possible to
> send parameters like this to a program via the hud?

Currently the HUD just uses actions that can take an activate signal,
and it'll send that similar to a menu item.  It's our goal to be able to
expose different times of actions from applications through the HUD,
though we're still not sure how that'll all work.  In the conversations
that I've been in no one has brought up the idea of supporting text
entry actions, but I'd see no reason that we wouldn't enable those along
with the other types of actions.

		--Ted