Image path versioning by major versions

Hey guys,

Most of assets for unity are in a versionned unity path, like /usr/share/unity/5/. This mean that for each major version of unity, all lenses have to be rebuilt to take the right new path (/usr/share/unity/6/ for instance). Those rebuilds are quite painful for no gain. Does anyone remember why we did some versionned path? It seems that my memory is failing on me (was it only for the mutter -> compiz transition?)

If there is no good reason that anyone can remember of, I propose to put those assets in /usr/share/unity/data or images ;)

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups