Re: Ubuntu TV / Unity Question

Seconded. Welcome aboard, Joseph!

On 23/08/12 21:29, Jim Hodapp wrote:
Joseph,

I need to ask that you please remain patient with the progress on Ubuntu TV and working with the core technologies that make it up. The grand goal is for a unified user experience across all kinds of form factors, and thus progress on Unity (and Ubuntu TV) will seem rather slow. Let me reassure you that it is coming along nicely and there are things for you to work with today. You mentioned to me that you've already played with Previews in Unity trunk. My recommendation would be to work more with these and customize them to your heart's content. This is tech that is not going away and your time will not be wasted in working with it.

If you have specific design ideas or code contributions to the current new work in Unity trunk, my recommendation is to work with the people in #ubuntu-unity on irc.freenode.net and the unity-dev mailing list that you posted this email to originally.

Your enthusiasm is excellent and my hope is that we can satisfy your desire to contribute well. Also, stay tuned for more specific technology coming to fruition for the upcoming UDS-R.

Regards,

Jim Hodapp

Original text from Joseph Mills:
--------------------------------
Hello there My name is Joseph Mills and I am really really really into
Ubutnu TV you may have seen some of my videos on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfrm117Ukr0

I am Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
1) Ubuntu tv uses QT (unity 2d) atm I can keep building on top of this but
there is no point as Unity 2d is being scraped

2) If I make a Unity 3d Ubuntu TV then it will also be tossed away. Because
I am one not a canonical employee and 2) one the Unity Team creates the
Ubuntu tv experience on  Unity 3d Mine will be worthless.

So This is what I want. I want to work with the people that are working on
Unity 3d integration of Ubuntu TV. So That I can communicate with them and
Help out with some code (even if it is just comments) .

For Real thou, All I would like to do is help out and have one cool tv.
This is it. And I kinda have that with QT. But as you can image it is hard
for me because of the things that are listed above. I am smart and I am
powerful I can help you guys.

I look forward to hearing back from you in the future

Joseph Mills