Wanted: users of ppa:unity-team/staging

Resending to unity-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Hello,

Please respond if you make use of the unity-team/staging ppa, [1], and would be impacted if it was removed. This PPA represents that latest version of trunk for a portion of the unity desktop stack.

We would like to remove this PPA as we are already building the raring packages in the jenkins autolanding environment and rebuilding these inside the launchpad PPA is mostly redundant. Removing the PPA would free up some launchpad build resources.

The primary differences are:
- Jenkins is only building raring packages (or whatever the current development release is), the PPA is building raring and quantal. - The jenkins packages are currently behind a Canonical VPN. It may be possible to copy them to a public IP if this is an issue.

[1] - https://launchpad.net/~unity-team/+archive/staging

Francis
--
Francis Ginther
Canonical - Product Strategy - Quality Engineer

Follow ups