Desktop Unity branched for Raring (second try)

(resending, because I accidentally hit some key or something that sent a half-finished copy of this message)

Well folks, it's past final freeze for Ubuntu 13.04.  I have branched all the projects in the Unity stack that have
autolanding enabled, and as I write this the necessary magic is being invoked in the dark corners of a server farm
somewhere so that everything will work the way it's supposed to.

So, for the following projects, it's business as usual for trunk, which should land in R+1 for Ubuntu.  Anything that
needs to go into 13.04 at this point requires an SRU and a separate MP into the raring branch.  You will likely need a
bug task opened against the raring series, which I have ever-so-thoughtfully created for just that purpose.

Unlike with previous releases you may be familiar with, we need a separate raring branch for all of these projects
because of the inline packaging and the automerge and autolanding features.  This was formerly done by having separate
packaging branches in Ubuntu.

The branched projects include the following.

libunity
linunity-misc
nux
unity
unity-asset-pool
unity-lens-applications
unity-lens-files
unity-lens-music
unity-lens-photos
unity-lens-video
unity-scope-gdrive
compiz

With two exceptions, the 13.04 series is called 'raring'.

The first exception is Unity:  the series was already branched and called '7.0'.  the second exception is compiz:  there
was already a series and branch called 'raring', but it was no longer used.  I appropriated that and refreshed the
branch to match the 0.9.9 at the point of release freeze.

Compiz branching is a little harder to explain , but I'll try.

The Compiz 0.9.10 series is the active development series.  The compiz 0.9.9 series is the Ubuntu development series
(for R+1).  The compiz 'raring' series is the support series for SRUing fixes into Ubuntu 13.04.  Serious bugs may need
to be pushed into *all three* branches.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Follow ups