Re: my first unity hack

On 15-07-06 01:11 PM, Mohsen Ibrahim wrote:
> Hi, I recently managed to download and install unity 7 from source on my Ubuntu 15.04.
> I followed the instructions here https://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/development/unity/.

Splendid.

> Now I want to contribute to unity project, but before that I need to know if my environment is setup correctly, so as a
> start I tried to modify the string that appears in unity launcher by editing the file launcher/BFBLauncherIcon.cpp,
> after that I run make && make install and logged in to my system using my user name and password but nothing changed in
> the launcher!!

It's possible you did not set the installation prefix properly, resulting in your Unity Compiz plugin not getting
installed where Compiz will look for it.  Try adding -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr to your CMake invocation before
running Make.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>