my first unity hack

Hi, I recently managed to download and install unity 7 from source on my Ubuntu 15.04.

I followed the instructions here https://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/development/unity/.

Now I want to contribute to unity project, but before that I need to
know if my environment is setup correctly, so as a start I tried to
modify the string that appears in unity launcher by editing the file
launcher/BFBLauncherIcon.cpp, after that I run make && make
install and logged in to my system using my user name and password but
nothing changed in the launcher!!

I need help here, am I wrong? How can I get this working? where is the
unity source code entry point? this will help me to track the classes
and functions used in unity.

Thanks in advance.

Follow ups