Re: LOG_DEBUG output and System Indicators?

Il 27/07/2015 10:58, Mohsen Ibrahim ha scritto:
> After reading some source code I noticed there are two common macros
> used for debugging these are DECLARE_LOGGER and LOG_DEBUG but I cannot
> tell what is a module in DECLARE_LOGGER or when the output of LOG_DEBUG
> goes so I can examine it after unity is loaded and running?

In DECLARE_LOGGER you define the global (for that scope) variable that
is used for logging, with various LOG_* calls you can output some data.

Then you can filter it out when running, by using something like:
  UNITY_LOG_SEVERITY="<root>error;unity.appmanager.desktop.bamf=trace"

Where you can add log "modules" (even just indicating a part of it)
separated by semi-colon, and the type of logging you want for that.

> One more thing where can I help for writing a new system indicator? I am
> not interested for the moment in application indicators I want system
> indicators.

For system indicators you need inherit indicator-object (from
libindicator) class, and implement it. Some good examples are
indicator-keyboard, indicator-printer...

Cheers