Progress

Dear Ulrich,

I just noticed that the majority of the bug reports targeted for 8.1.0
have been fixed.  So, I have changed the status to "fix released" in
preparation for the cleanup for the release.

I am cross checking to see that all the fixes have been applied to the
8.1.x branch, and do the requisite merging.

As soon as you get free time next month, you can attend to the other
priority bugs and we can get ready for the release.  I will be
travelling till the 20th Feb or so.  Perhaps you can announce the
release when it is time.

I am thinking we should perhaps announce the release of 8.1.0 and
8.1.1-beta at the same time so that people can download them
together.  The more experimental fixes will also be available to
people at the same time.  This will be alternative to doing multiple
beta releases.

Cheers,
Uday