Beta2 release

Hi Ulrich,

I am coming around to your point of view about doing another beta
release.  I think we have accumulated enough bug fixes over the
original beta release and it seems useful to get them out to people.
At the same time, I am not yet confident that I understand all the
changes that have been done in 8.1.0 to do a full blown release.  Some
of the downstream users, like Marcel Oliver, are getting quite
surprised by the changes.  So, I think we need to give ourselves more
time to understand what is going on.

I will put out a beta2 release during the weekend.

Cheers,
Uday