Re: XEmacs Packages have been pre-released (2010-05-12-14)

> I have only a vague idea of what Norbert is asking for.  Do you
> understand it any better?

>> Do you know a person who would be willing to act as a maintainer
>> for the xemacs package? This has been Robert's task which he seems
>> not to perform any longer :-(

Hi Uday,

this is about the XEmacs VM package. Most of XEmacs' elisp code isn't
bundled with XEmacs proper, but comes as separate packages, see
<http://www.xemacs.org/Develop/packages.html>.

There is also a maintainers' list at
<http://alioth.debian.org/scm/viewvc.php/XEmacs/packages/MAINTAINERS?view=markup&root=xemacs>
that still lists Robert for BBDB and VM.

>> It would be good to have one of the developers manage the package,
>> since (s)he may know better what code modifications should be
>> passed on into the package and when to import them.

I fear that neither of us will be able to take that job. It isn't
necessary that the maintainer of the XEmacs package is involved with
VM's development, but he should at least actively use XEmacs.

Ulrich