Re: VM Contributions

Tim Cross writes:

> Yep, joining the dev list is a good idea. I meant to do that and forgot. If I
> can subscribe from the launchpad page, I'll do it. If not, please add me.

Ok, I will ask Ulrich to add you, who is the list owner.

> I suspect I'll probably be adding some bugs myself. While being quite
> conservative right now, I'm finding a number of 'issues' in the code. Nothing
> too bad yet, but certainly plenty to get on with.

Please feel free to let me know if I can help in anyway.  Since you
are putting revisions on Launchpad, it is easy for me to look at it.

> I will consider the vm maintenance thing. Unfortunately, I no longer
> run Debian. I switched to Ubuntu a few months back. At the very
> least, I can setup a PPA with a deb package for both the current
> stable release and a dev snapshot. At leat anyone who want to will
> then be able to get them and I'll look into what needs to be done to
> meet debian package policies etc.

Then perhaps, you can get involved with Ubuntu maintenance rather than
Debian.  Ubuntu is supposed to use the "unstable" packages of Debian,
but they are still stuck on VM 7.19.  So, something is going wrong
there.  Morever, Ubuntu is maintained on Launchpad, which might make
it easier to communicate between the upstream and downstream.

Cheers,
Uday