Re: Compiler warnings

Tim Cross writes:

> Should we have something on either the homepage or the launchpad
> page that makes this explicit. The only problem with newsgroups is
> getting to old threads is a pain. While you can use google groups, I
> find the itnerface pretty nasty.

Yeah, I will add a note to the README file.

For newsgroups, I use Mozilla Thunderbird, and set the vm.info
newsgroup to offline so that I can do full text search.  I also use
Google Groups for text search, but I don't use it for regular reading.

> I think as long as people report problems, that will help. We can
> probably trace down version issues fairly easily once we know they
> are there!

Unfortunately, they only try things out in a production setting.  Last
time, somebody downloaded the latest VM, read his INBOX, but couldn't
save the folder because he got an error.  He wrote a panicked message
to the newsgroup asking how to save the folder so that he can get back
to the older version!

Cheers,
Uday