Re: compilation warnings

Uday,

I've created a new branch on my launchpad page (lp:~tcross/vm/compiler-fixes
which has my attempts at fixing some of the compiler warnings. The branch was
taken from current trunk.

The two groups of warning I've fixed are for the use of focus-frame and
default-enable-multibyte-characters.

The focus-frame ones were fairly straight-forward. The existing calls were
doing nothing, but from the code, the objective seemed to be to make the frame
take focus, so I added the appropriate call to do this.

All but one of the default-enable-multibyte-characters were quite
straight-forward. The one in vm-read-folder was a bit different. In most
cases, the call was inside a let and used to set the value before creating the
buffer. In this case, I wrapped the original in a test for boundp and then,
inside the excursion where the buffer was made current, called
set-buffer-multibyte.

In the case of vm-read-folder, I just commented out the offending line as I
don't think it is necessary. That function is only called by the top level
'vm' function and that function does an explicit set-buffer-multibyte anyway.

Code is compiling without these warnings and I've done a few tests (reading in
new folders, deleting/expunging from folders etc, and it all appears to work.
I'm testing with emacs 23.2.

Tim