Clarification for defcustom

vm-vars.el has the following definition

(defcustom vm-imap-tolerant-of-bad-imap 0
  "*Level of tolerance that vm should use for IMAP servers that
don't follow the IMAP specification.  Default of 0 means no
tolerance.  Level 1 allows possibly harmless violations of
prohibitions.  (But these violations could also be symptomatic of
deeper problems.)  Use this level carefully.  Higher levels of
violations are not currently permitted."
  :group 'vm
  :type '(choice (const nil) integer))

which I think has a couple of problems. Firstly, the choice definition allows a
setting of nil, but the doc refers to 0 and the variable is defined with a
default of 0.

Either we should change the definition so that it only allows integer values
or allow nil, change the doc to say nil means no tolerance and set the default
to nil.

Opinions?

Tim

Follow ups