Bazaar [Was: Don't merge. rebase.]

Ulrich Mueller writes:

> Maybe we should consider moving from BZR to Git where "rebase" is a
> builtin command?

Well, plugins don't bother me as long as they are reliable.  After
all, VM is a "plugin" for Emacs.

What I like about bazaar as well as launchpad is that they are easy to
use, not bureaucratic, and often just do the right thing even if the
documentation doesn't say that they will.  This allows me to focus on
getting things done instead of wasting endless hours on trying to
figure out the tools.

I haven't used other tools.  So, I can't say which is the best.  But,
from what I read, I haven't seen people say these kinds of things
about other tools.  So, I am skeptical.

I was also encouraged to see that, after years of debate, the Emacs
devs chose Bazaar.  Stephen Turnbull pointed me to this comparison
done by the Python team

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0374/

where it seems that all the DVCS stack up pretty nicely.  The
difference are probably marginal and not worth the trouble of
switching.

Cheers,
Uday