Re: [Question #122392]: Focus shifting on Aquamacs

Question #122392 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/122392

Uday Reddy posted a new comment:
More info from Alley Stoughton:

It's a problem that occurs with the version of Aquamacs that is based on
Emacs 23, which uses the Cocoa library, instead of the earlier Carbon
one.  In fact, there is also an branch of Aquamacs that uses Emacs
22/Carbon, and the problem that I report *doesn't* happen with it.

It's happening with local folders (I don't use POP/IMAP ones -- I use
fetchmail instead).

OK, I downloaded Emacs 23, built it for Mac OS X, installed VM in the
site-lisp directory, and the focus problem doesn't occur.  So... this
seems to show that it's at least partly an Aquamacs problem, and I'll
try giving the Aquamacs developers this information.  On the other hand,
I'm not having the focus shift problem with anything other than VM, so
it seems possible that VM is doing something unusual which -- combined
with something that Aquamacs does -- triggers the problem.

You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.