Re: [Question #122392]: Focus shifting on Aquamacs

Question #122392 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/122392

Alley Stoughton posted a new comment:
Thanks, Bar, for your effort at reproducing the bug!

Uday: it's changing frames, and the problem only occurs when there is
more than one frame.

I'll try the debugging you suggest shortly, but I think I understand
what's happening now:

BBDB creates a buffer named *BBDB*, containing contact info, and this buffer is included at
the bottom of multiple VM frames. When navigation is done inside a frame/folder, the contents of *BBDB* is
changed, and these changes must be displayed in all the frames in which *BBDB* is included.

Suppose we have two VM frames open, A and B, with *BBDB* included in both frames.  When
we move forward or backward in frame A, causing the contents of *BBDB* to be updated,
the changes must be reflected in frame B as well as A.  But in Aquamacs 2.1 (Cocoa), the
updating of *BBDB* in frame B causes focus to shift to Frame B.  This doesn't happen in
Emacs 23 (Cocoa) or in Aquamacs Class (Carbon), in which frame A retains focus.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.