Re: [Question #124925]: emacs-w3m configuration with latest VM and Emacs

Question #124925 on VM changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/124925

Tim Cross proposed the following answer:

There are a couple of things to check.

1. Make sure w3m works. The variable w3m-cid-retrieve-function-alist is
defined in w3m.el. If VM is unable to find the files for w3m, this could
explain the problem.

Run M-x w3m and check w3m is working within emacs

2. Did you remember to build vm with the w3m library? When you run
configure for VM you need to include the --with-other-files as
documented in the INSTALL file. For example, on my system, I run

./configure --with-other-dirs=/"usr/share/emacs/site-
lisp/w3m;/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp"

(note that I build with BOTH w3m and BBDB, hence the two dirs in my
list)

Verify this by checking that the output from configure has something
like

checking otherdirs... ("/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m" "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp")

Let us know if you have done all of the above and it still does not
work.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.