vmbuilder team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~guilhem-fr/vmbuilder/oneiric-support into lp:vmbuilder

My solution works "out of the box".

To precise what I will do :
* fstab isn't "beautiful". It use /dev/sda[0-1] instead of UUID=****. UUID is usefull when you use virtio (/dev/vda**) as I do.
But VM work fine even if you don't have /dev/vda*

* when you boot for the first time VM, grub show you many fake system (generate from the host). But the first one is the good one, so no problem "out of the box".
I have work many hours to find the problem... but without any succes.
An "update-grub" in the VM clear all the fake.

So for me, my patches solve more problem than they give.

A last things to do for better use, is to prevent user (of KVM) when module "nbd" isn't load.

I don't find any python library to do this... suggestion ?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~guilhem-fr/vmbuilder/oneiric-support/+merge/89858
Your team VMBuilder is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~guilhem-fr/vmbuilder/oneiric-support into lp:vmbuilder.