vmbuilder team mailing list archive

vmbuilder changes I am working on

Hi vmbuilders,

I am working on some vmbuilder changes. Here's a small list:

   - Bare metal image support - I am already working on this one. I will be
   generating the image within an lxc container. It will be output as a image
   file for the root partition. It will not be a whole disk image. As a
   result, I also will not be installing a bootloader until the image is
   installed onto some machine. I have an installer that I've written in
   shell+golang using tinycore linux as a base. This installer will eventually
   be opened up as well.
   - Convert optparse to argparse - Would this be interesting to anyone? I
   think it would be nice to turn the hypervisor and suite names into
   subcommands and get rid of allow_interspersed_args() and parsing the args
   more than once.

I just wanted to share with others, so if you have ideas, please let me
know.

Thanks,
wt

--