weather-indicator-team team mailing list archive

[Question #252513]: Why is Indicator Weather not available in Ubuntu Software Centre?

New question #252513 on Weather Indicator:
https://answers.launchpad.net/weather-indicator/+question/252513

I find Weather Indicator 13.8.0 'Rainy 8' by far the most unobtrusive and useful of all the weather apps available in Ubuntu, but for some reason it is not in Software Centre, where a newbie could find it.
I've been using it for years, so I know it had its problems early, but now it is reliable, simple and always immediately available no matter what else may be running, requiring nothing more than a glance.
Of course, I'm aware it is easily available in Launchpad, but how would a newbie know that? And don't tell me it's because of the dependency missing in Ubuntu - that should be one of the easiest fixes the Ubuntu Team ever made!

Jack

Weather Indicator Team, which is an answer contact for Weather
Indicator.