webapps team mailing list archive

Re: [Webapps-team] Incremental Specs or Google site

On 08/06/2012 03:34 PM, Christian Giordano wrote:
Hi guys, I was going to create a new delta spec document for the work for R (13.04). But I think the ideal process would be to have a Google site and maintaining it.

Any opinions?

I believe it'd be easier to handle an independent document for each release. In my opinion, features and improvements would be easier to find and track.

The document of ${current+1} could be bootstrapped with the de-scoped features from ${current} in case they are still aligned with the targets of the cycle.

In this case, it looks like 13.04 will have an special focus on mobile technologies that haven't been introduced in WebApps yet. Thus the suggestion of an independent doc. Besides, we wouldn't lose the ability of having discussion on the spec (comments in the document) if we used a Google website.

Regards,
Alvaro

Follow ups