webapps team mailing list archive

Re: [Unity-design] webapps and the sound menu

On 12/12/2012 03:03 PM, Arian van Gend wrote:
> It seems like such an edge case.

I'm not sure it is. Lots of people open a new tab for every new thought
with no thought of "do i already have youtube open?" why would they when
it's so much cheaper to make a new one than search. This also results in
a feedback loop, the more you do it the harder it is to find your old
tab! Sometimes I find myself with 3 of the same video open because I
wanted to watch it again. I've seen all sorts of people do this.
Homeless dude's in the library, my mom, my brother, teachers.

> Could we maybe group the players with the same name, and toggle
> through them with a click on an arrow icon left and right?

I'd had this thought. Seems like a fine way of clearing the UI but a
little inelegant. Not necessarily for or against, it just seems like
there might be a less obvious solution that works better.

Here's another relevant question that I think we should keep in mind
when trying to answer this design question (any design question really):
does youtube even fit in the sound menu? is it shoehorned in?