webapps team mailing list archive

Re: [Unity-design] web apps and the launcher [was: webapps and the sound menu]

On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> By opening the application, e.g. from the Dash or the messaging menu.
>>>
>>> - --
>>> mpt
>>
>> So all web apps are listed in the dash, or messaging menu by default? I suppose dash makes sense a la installable apps. Do you expect users will be retrained to think "open dash type Facebook" rather than "open browser goto Facebook.com"?
>
> Is that not the whole point of Web Apps?  Not that I am convinced
> myself, but if there are web apps then they should be able to be
> invoked via Dash or Launcher and in the context of the launcher,
> workspaces and so on, should behave as other apps.

No I agree this should be possible- my question that initiated this line of discussion was "how are they accessed the first time". MPT Said from the launcher or sound menu. Although I'm realizing now that (maybe) I misunderstood what you meant, MPT. Could you please give a little description of the user journey that arrives with a web app launcher icon on the launcher?

Alex