whube-core team mailing list archive

Organizing Whube Team

Hello everyone,

We need to organize Whube in a serious manner.  At present we do not have a
solid goal for the future past our list for DD.  This team is growing and
now we're in need of some sort of system in place where we can all stay 'in
the loop'.  So far we have docs.whube, bugs.whube and Launchpad.  I think
that we need to start actively putting our team organization together, so
that we all know who is doing what, where we're going, etc.

stlsaint suggested using a project management system like Pier.  I have only
really worked with Trac and Collabtiv, both of which I am not too fond of (I
prefer Collabtiv over Trac any day though).  I think it might be a good
idea, though I was under the impression we were going to use Launchpad for
team stuff, such as milestones/blueprints/whatnot.  However, this confuses
me. Launchpad is confusing too.

Anyway.  What are we going to do?

* We need to have an outline for the future of Whube.
* We should state clearly how we are going to use Launchpad, and use it as
such.
* There is more, but I do not remember off the top of my head at the moment.

Whube has potential to be awesome, we just need to realize the path and
figure out exactly how we are going to go about it.  I think that the days
of freeform coding are (mostly) over, at least until we have a solid
understanding of everyone's contributions.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.  Hopefully I'm not way off base with
this.

Thanks,

Thomas Plastino Martin
https://launchpad.net/~tenach <https://launchpad.net/%7Etenach>