[Merge] lp:~nha/widelands/fonthandler into lp:widelands

The proposal to merge lp:~nha/widelands/fonthandler into lp:widelands has been updated.

Description changed to:

I've been doing some cleanups of this branch, and I'd like to get it merged soonish. It doesn't yet do everything that I originally set out to do, but I think it's in a usable state.

The fundamental change of how the Font_Handler works is that we no longer want to cache entire pages of text, but instead only cache individual pre-rendered lines as pictures. The advantage is that very long multiline texts do not have to be rendered all at once, and we limit the size of pictures generated in this way. We also do not have to re-render texts when the caret moves, and we can more naturally integrate more complex graphics in richtext fields in OpenGL mode. However, that last part - refactoring richtext support - has not been implemented yet.

Visible changes:
1. The caret now works in OpenGL mode (yay!)
2. Font rendering now uses proper alpha-rendering
3. Multi-line texts no longer have ridiculously large spacing between lines in the new renderer. However, since Multiline_Textarea refactoring is pending the richtext changes, this is not yet the case everywhere, but only in Multiline_Editbox and those place that call draw_multiline directly (e.g. game tips).

If you have some spare minutes to test, I'd appreciate bug reports. If I don't hear anything, I'm going to merge this in the next few days (probably Wednesday).

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~nha/widelands/fonthandler/+merge/47929
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~nha/widelands/fonthandler/+merge/47929
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~nha/widelands/fonthandler into lp:widelands.