Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/martin_i18n into lp:widelands

Thanks for testing and reporting, Hans Joachim.

> Is this intentional behaviour, or a regression?
I guess, the behaviour is not intentional - more a kind of restriction. AFAIK, gettext only works with those locales installed on the system. Or is this just a restriction by Ubuntu? I don't know.

> I liked being able to switch between all languages.
Did this work in 5825 or earlier? As long as gettext has been used, it never was the case with Ubuntu.

If it really was possible with other Linux distributions (to select non-installed languages), I would propose for the Not-Found-Case to set the locale to the selected language string or its first two characters. Then, Ubuntu still will switch back to English, if no corresponding locale was found. But other Linuxes might succeed in switching the language even if the locale isn't installed on the system.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/martin_i18n/+merge/49202
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/martin_i18n.