Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/autosave_on_objectives into lp:widelands

I looked over the code again and removed more of my comments that you adressed or that I made up my mind about :). One more thing: If you change a Lua method make sure that you update where it is used in the code (i.e. in all *.lua files) and add in a backwards compatible version (I did this for this change). The reason for this is that the Lua interface is a kind of public API that people should rely on and that should not change to quickly so that they have time to adapt - there is no proper deprecation warning for this yet, for now I just simply added a comment.

These methods must be around for at least three builds - the reason is that the lua code is saved into savegames, so if the API changes and a player tries to reload a scenario with older code, the API calls must still be around.

About the test running, the comments in the file where slightly outdated. I updated them to this:
$PATH_TO_WIDELANDS_BINARY --datadir="." --nozip --scenario=test/lua/persistence.wmf && $PATH_TO_WIDELANDS_BINARY --datadir="." --loadgame=~/.widelands/save/lua_persistence.wgf

of course a rm -rf ~/.widelands/save/lua_persistence.wgf should be a good idea as well.

Could you try again if this works for you? You have to be in the root directory of the repository for this to work.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/autosave_on_objectives/+merge/174546
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/autosave_on_objectives.