Re: Construction sites

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:15:30PM +0200, Holger Rapp wrote:

What you are proposing uses color as the only way to convey information. This is bad for a number of reasons, the first that it is abstract (in the sense that a code must be understood) and the most important is that color impaired people do not get this information at all - a significant portion of the population is color blind or impaired, up to 10% of the male population has red-green deficiencies. So this is a no go.

Hi,

Thank you for pointing that out. The color blindness issue can be made go away by making the brightnesses sufficiently different. Could you name another of the number of reasons?

I am also not sure - UI is not easy to get right. I can only say that only using colors is the easy way out and definitively a wrong approach.

If we do not reach agreement here, the worst that can happen is flame wars. The second-worst I can think of is postponing the whole thing to a future release, which would already be just fine.

Regards,

	Teppo