Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug657285 into lp:widelands

Review: Needs Fixing

do not worry - you add code at a tremendous rate and WL has no test suite (well, only the Lua test suite which tests quite a bit of code actually. And the new rich text renderer). So regressions do happen.

I can have a look at the OpenGL ones too - it might be as trivial as clear() ing the surface before rendering onto it. Or maybe the width are wrongly reported or so.

I am not too sure about the solution you propose for the text renderer here. The problem I see is that legal tags could still be part of the filenames and look strange or even crash the game. The right solution seems to be to escape < and > when only the raw text is needed. The renderer supports \< and \> for that. Why did you not go for this?

Also pulling in #include "wui/mapview.h" into ui is not a good design. ui_basic is the buildingblocks of the ui and wui are the Widelands specific elements. Adding knowledge of a child class into this is code-smelly. Can you not reset the tooltip in panel if no one handles the mouse in?

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug657285/+merge/175551
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug657285.