Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug657285 into lp:widelands

Review: Approve

You are right, I was quite in a hurry to correct those bugs and the solutions I proposed here weren't by far the optimal ones.

I saw that escaping <> characters were supported. I first went for that then for some reason thought it would be best to handle that at the source directly. I thought about translators that might introduce false tags. I didn't even think about filenames, but still, the syntax exception crash the game with current code.

Concerning the tooltip, I totally agree about the design issue. I will try your suggestion, but Im afraid the tooltip behaviour will change too much with it, as every element seems to be a panel, and that mousein events occur all the time with statistics turned on for instance. A cast to Window may solve this. The other solution I first tried was to handle this case separately in every wui window. While it worked as intended, I thought it would be one more thing to implement on every window, and I looked for a more general solution, again.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug657285/+merge/175551
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug657285.