Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data into lp:widelands

Review: Needs Fixing

Your code looks good so far, however I disagree concerning "The _compatibility" - there is no need for a second variable - the compatibility is already defined through the packet version - to _compatibility is really not needed.

Further it would be great to have a real use case - a message box that tells the user if a map is incompatible. The case, where this will happen the most simply is, if a map was created with a newer widelands version. Therefore this would be great to have in build18 - maybe we can make it work until tomorrow evening :).

My idea would be to add up all packet versions of every packet of the map and use that number as compatibility check -> as soon as said number is higher in the map to be loaded than the same number of the used widelands build, the map is definitely incompatible, as at least one of the map packets has a newer version number. Widelands should now show a pop up telling the user that this map is incompatible and the map should not be selectable.

just my 5¢ ... however I have to come back to my first sentence: You did a good job here! I would just like to further improve it. :)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data/+merge/184940
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data.